1. Exercise more often to burn off extra energy (stored body fat).
2. Do weight training to increase lean muscle tissue and increase metabolism.
3. Measure your food portions to keep from overloading your metabolism with too much food energy (calories).
4. Eat small meals and snacks often to keep blood sugar and insulin levels stable.
5. Look at funny stuff. A recent study showed that laughing hard raises the metabolic rate.
See the entire article: Five ways to boost your metabolism
Check out this related video: