The pullup is an amazing full-body exercise that builds muscle, develops tons of functional strength, and can burn lots of body fat while giving you that sexy "V" shape that everyone wants. Did you know that pullups can even be used for a type of high-intensity "cardio" exercise? You just need to know how to do Crossfit-style kipping pullups. Check out this video:
Need to lose 5 or 10 pounds of body fat fast? Looking for a super-simple (and healthy) way to do it? Here you go...
1. Cover the "energy" basics: get 7-8 hours of sleep per night, avoid drugs and alcohol, take a good multivitamin daily, drink pure water and unsweetened teas throughout the day.
2. Eat a half raw/half paleo diet: start eating nothing but lean proteins, fish, eggs, vegetables and fruits, nuts and seeds, and small amounts of natural oils (virgin olive oil, unrefined coconut oil, etc.). Try to get about 50% of your calories from raw foods, mainly veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, and sprouts. Avoid all processed foods and refined grains, including breads, pastas, white rice, etc.
3. Do short, intense workouts often: do about 20-30 minutes of interval-based exercise 4-6 days a week. Do short bursts of intense exercise followed by periods of active recovery. Perform both full-body strength training and high-intensity interval training cardio (HIIT).
Now enjoy the leaner, fitter, healthier, sexier-looking body you've created! :-)
Want to get rid of your ugly belly fat in a month or less? Don't try to starve yourself or take lots of expensive and unproven "fat burners". Also don't try to spend hours on a treadmill doing painful and boring cardio. These things only lead to burnout and failure.
If you really want to lose your belly fat -- and create a fitter, sexier, and healthier body -- within a month use the proven steps outlined below...
1. Develop focus and strong momentum. Create a goal vision of your perfect body. Keep it in mind at all times. Do this until making your vision a reality becomes a white-hot desire. Then you'll automatically focus all your thoughts and energy on losing abdominal fat fast.
Also, build powerful momentum by going after small "mini-goals" each day and week. The more days in a row you can achieve all your mini-goals the faster you'll develop the kind of momentum that leads to fast weight loss success.
2. Boost your energy. Energy is vital for losing belly fat fast. Get at least 7 to 8 hours of quality sleep per night. Take a good multivitamin each day. Avoid refined sugars, flours, and fats. Do some light morning exercise every day to jumpstart your metabolism and start burning fat early. Also, drink a large glass of spring water with fresh-squeezed lemon juice each morning and anytime you need a natural energy boost.
3. Eat a paleo-style diet. Base your diet around lean proteins, fruits and veggies, and nuts and seeds. Eat lots of beans and legumes as well (for their fiber content). Eat little or no processed foods. Avoid simple sugars (including fruit juices) and "white" starches, including breads, cereals, pastas, white potatoes, and white rice. Learn to cycle your intake of good starches (e.g. oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and whole grains). A natural paleo diet is the BEST diet for losing belly fat fast!
4. Do interval training. Do short and intense exercise several times per week. Base your workouts around intervals. Do both total-body strength training and cardiovascular exercise (such as HIIT).
5. Take the Big 3 supplements. Take only proven, inexpensive diet supplements: whey protein, omega 3 fats (such as fish oil), and a good multivitamin. These cover nutritional bases and help to ensure an optimal metabolism.
That's it! Do the things above and you will get rid of your belly fat in a month or less...
Looking for a single exercise that builds your back and arm muscles while developing tons of "functional" strength? Hammer grip pullups may be what you're searching for. They are an amazing bodyweight exercise that provide a lot of benefits.
Hanging legs raises are some of the best "secret" exercises for getting six pack abs and developing a strong and stable overall core/midsection. They're another great example of a super-effective bodyweight-only exercise that burns fat, builds and tones muscles, and develops functional strength all at the same time!
Check out this video:
Also this one:
Want a six pack? Then give hanging legs raises a try!
Want "six pack" abs? The first step is to lower your body fat significantly... probably to single digit levels if you really want defined ab muscles. The second step is to strengthen your core muscles. But don't think that crunches, situps, and leg raises are the only exercises for getting a 6 pack! One of the best ways to strengthen your core, prevent injuries, and increase "functional" strength -- while improving your abdominal muscles at the same time -- is to do intense bodyweight-only exercises on an unstable surface, such as an exercise ball.
Want to get rid of your belly fat fast? If you follow the 7 steps below you can lose weight from all over your body and greatly increase your chances of losing your belly fat first.
Here we go...
1. Set your goals.
Create a simple, powerful, short-term goal statement and spend time each day visualizing success. Focus all your energy and actions on making that vision reality.
2. Build momentum.
Set some mini-goals or "objectives" for each day. Each day that you achieve all your objectives draw a line through the day on your calender. See how long you can make that line.
3. Boost your energy.
Increase your energy and boost your metabolism naturally by taking the following actions:
-- get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night (people who don't get enough sleep tend to have more belly fat!)
-- drink lots of water and sugar-free teas all day long
-- avoid simple sugars, refined flours, and bad fats... pretty much 99% of processed foods
-- avoid alcohol... limit your intake to one glass of red wine per day
4. Jumpstart your belly fat loss.
Jumpstart the fat loss process by doing a 1 or 2 day juice fast where you eat nothing and drink only pure spring water with fresh lemon juice squeezed into it. This will help to alkalize and detoxify your body, boost your energy, reset your metabolism, make you feel a lot better, and even help you lose a few pounds.
5. Eat a paleo diet.
The best diet for losing belly fat fast is one based around "paleo" foods: mainly lean meats and fish, eggs, vegetables and raw fruits, and nuts and seeds. Avoid all processed foods, even whole grain products. Also avoid "white" starches: white potatoes, white rice, etc. Try to get 50% of your daily calories from raw foods. After you've lost at least 10 pounds of belly fat start to cycle/rotate healthy starches (whole grains, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, quinoa, etc.) back into your diet.
6. Do interval workouts.
2-5 times a week do short, intense workouts based around intervals: short bursts of high-intensity activity followed by brief active rest periods. Sprints is a great example of HIIT. Full-body strength training is another effective form of interval-based, belly fat-burning exercise.
7. Take 3 supplements.
The best diet supplements for getting rid of belly fat fast are: whey protein powder, omega-3 fats, and a good multivitamin. Whey protein shakes are great post-workout meals and make a perfect breakfast as well. Omega-3 fats are vital to good overall health and they've been shown to help your body reduce its belly fat stores. A multivitamin helps to cover all your nutritional bases so that your metabolism functions optimally and burns fat as fast as possible. It may also help to reduce food cravings.
Kettlebell workouts are great for both burning fat and creating full-body "functional" strength. If you want to lose fat, build muscle, look good and help your body learn to move more efficiently at the same time give kettlebell exercises a try!
Have you waited to the last minute to lose those few extra pounds? Need to drop a pant size to fit into that new outfit? Only have a week to get rid of some of that ugly belly fat before the big pool party?
If you closely follow the steps outlined below you can easily lose weight in a week... at least 5 to 10 pounds!
1. Get mad and set your mind.
Stand in front of a mirror and grab your flab with both hands. Get mad a at it. Allow it to create mental energy and motivation to lose weight quickly. Now create a simple goal statement. Something like: "I will lose 5 pounds in 7 days by eating clean and exercising efficiently". Read that goal daily and focus on it constantly for the entire week.
2. Do a 1-day lemon water fast.
For a 24 hour period don't eat or drink anything except pure spring water with lots of fresh lemon juice squeezed into it. This is a simple "detox" fast that will help you lose a pound or two while cleansing your body and boosting your energy.
3. Eat a "plant and protein" diet.
For the entire week eat only lean proteins, fish, and fibrous "good" carbs -- mainly vegetables and fruits. Also eat some nuts and seeds each day, preferably unsalted. Try to get 50% of your calories from raw foods, especially raw veggies, fruits, nuts, and seeds. Every other day eat a big serving of beans or legumes. Avoid ALL processed foods, including refined sugars, flours, and fats. Also avoid whole grains and dairy during this week.
4. Do short, intense workouts.
Do 4 short, intense, interval-based workouts during the week. Do about 10 minutes of "full body" strength training using bodyweight exercises (e.g. pushups, pullups, dips, squats, lunges, crunches, etc.) and 10 minutes of high-intensity interval training (aka HIIT cardio). This will burn lots of fat and cause your body to produce powerful steroid-like hormones that burn fat even while you're sleeping!
5. Take support supplements.
Every day take the following supplements: whey protein powder, omega 3 fats, and a good multivitamin. Forget about those "fat burners" you see sold everywhere. Most are just caffeine with some vitamins thrown in. If you need a pre-workout energy boost drink some black coffee, green tea, and/or a sugar-free energy drink.
That's it! Follow the steps above and you could lose a lot of weight in just a week. Good luck!
You can get an incredible full-body workout using only 1 or 2 pairs of dumbbells and a bench or exercise ball. Use the power of compound exercises to burn fat, build muscle, and elicit those powerful metabolic responses in your body that will get you "ripped" fast!
Losing fat and getting fit doesn't always have to be so painful. In fact it can be quite enjoyable if you learn a few tricks. Here's a perfect example of this: delicious and healthy high-protein "ice cream". All you need is some whey protein, frozen fruit (berries and bananas are great options), egg whites, and a healthier sugar alternative such as stevia, xylitol, or even splenda.