There are many ways to lose weight quickly. Some good... some not so good. In this article I'll show you the best way to lose 20 pounds fast. And no, it doesn't involve extreme calorie cutting, starvation, expensive diet supplements, or insane workout plans that leave you feeling like crap.
All it really takes to lose 20 pounds quickly is 3 things: full-body strength training, clean diet, and some "short and smart" cardio exercise. If you combine all three things at the same time, you don't have to go overboard with any single technique. The combination is a synergistic one that will allow you to quickly and easily boost your metabolism, increase fat burning dramatically, boost your energy, improve the overall look of your body, feel good, and lose at least 20 lbs quickly and simply.
Lose 20 Lbs Fast -- The Best Way to Get the Job Done
1. Go all out -- If you want to lose weight quickly, you gotta go all out in terms of doing these 3 things at the same time: eating cleanly, doing resistance training, and performing cardio workouts. Don't "half step" and do only one or two parts of the formula. You'll get MUCH better/faster results with the proven combination of techniques.
2. Get a journal and a calendar -- Get a simple notebook and write down your primary goal -- to lose 20 pounds fast in a healthy way -- on the first page. Then, each night before you go to bed, write down the "must do" steps you must take every day to lose weight quickly. In your calendar, mark a straight horizontal line through each day that you accomplish every step. If you can get that line to at least 21 days you'll have created extremely healthy habits, lose several pounds of body fat, and solved 90% of your fitness/weight loss problems.
3. Start doing morning exercise -- Do 15-30 minutes of invigorating exercise first thing each morning. If all you can do is speed walk around the block, that's fine. By doing this you'll jumpstart your day both physically and mentally... and you'll just feel great!
4. Make water your best friend -- Carry a large water bottle with you everywhere you go. Sip from it all day long. Try to drink at least a gallon of water per day, at least during the initial stage. This will flush out toxins and waste products from your body, boost your energy, increase your metabolism, and most-likely help you lose a few pounds of extra "water weight" that your body is holding on to.
5. Eat 5-6 high-protein meals a day -- Eat a small protein-rich meal or snack about every 2-3 hours during the day. This is a simple and proven way to help you avoid hunger, kill food cravings, speed up your metabolism, keep your energy levels steady, and allow you to lose 20 pounds fast.
6. Eat a "clean calorie" diet -- At least 90% of your weekly calories should be "clean calories" from these foods: lean meats, eggs, fish, nuts, seeds, fruits, vegetables, beans, legumes, and minimally-processed unrefined plant oils (e.g. virgin olive oil and coconut oil). Avoid highly-processed foods as much as possible, especially refined sugars, grain flours, and fats. Eat one large "cheat" meal per week to reward yourself and confuse/speed up your metabolism.
7. Do full-body strength training -- 2-4 times a week, do a full-body workout based around "big" compound resistance exercises like push-ups, pull-ups, squats, deadlifts, lunges, dips, inverse rows, hanging leg raises, etc. Keep your workouts short (under 40 minutes) and intense. Keep rest between sets and circuits minimal. This is without a doubt the best, most-effective form of exercise for burning fat, boosting the metabolism, building lean muscle, and quickly improving the overall look of your body.
8. Do smart cardio -- Do some form of "smart" cardiovascular exercise at least 4 times a week, either by itself or immediately after a strength/resistance workout. Don't kill yourself with hours of long, boring, and painful "slow" cardio (think jogging on a treadmill... like a hamster on a wheel!). Instead do short bouts of higher-intensity exercise. Keep things fun and interesting. Throw in a couple of brief high-intensity interval training (HIIT) sessions. Find a sport or two that you really enjoy and play once or twice a week.
9. Take support supplements -- Very few diet supplements actually provide any kind of weight loss benefits. There are a few however that can help you recover faster from tough workouts and possibly even help to speed up the metabolism and the rate at which you burn fat. The best supplements for losing pounds faster include: whey protein powder, omega 3 fats, a good multivitamin, and high-quality green tea extract (a great natural energy booster that, if taken before workouts, can help you burn more fat in less time).
So there you go: the best way to lose 20 pounds fast. Healthy weight loss really isn't that complicated and it never involves starvation, ultra-painful workouts, or expensive and often dangerous diet pills, powders, potions, etc. Just stick to the proven "basics" outlined above and the pounds will come of quickly... often within just a few weeks.
By the way, here's a nice video with some good tips on losing twenty lbs fast: