Thursday, January 29, 2009

Any P90X Reviews?

I first started hearing about the P90X "extreme" home workout program way back in 2006. I pretty much ignored it because I figured it was just another weight loss scam product sold on a late-night infomercial. I was especially wary because it's made by Beachbody, a company that is known for making pretty good products but has a lot of controversy surrounding its marketing techniques.

Well, turns out I may have been wrong. In fact, apparently P90X is very similar to the kinds of simple but effective, low-equipment, full-body, strength training/cardio exercise "combo" workouts that I'm a big proponent of. I know for a fact that these types of workouts burn fat fast because I've used them myself to lose weight quickly while preserving or even increasing my lean muscle mass. I've also seen other people use them with great success.

As you can see from the Google Trends graph below, P90X has exploded in popularity in the past few months:



But the question still remains: does P90X really work?

If you have ever used the P90X program please leave a review below. Also, feel free to leave any questions or comments as well. Thanks a lot!

2 comments:

JillyD said...

I bought the P90X program at the end of last year and gave it a go for about 2 months. I just stopped about a week ago because I absolutely hated it. I'll take a simple aerobics class at the gym or even one of the "bootcamp" workout programs over the crappy P90X DVD workouts any day! I highly recommended to anyone thinking about buying P90suX that they look somewhere else. It's a home fitness routine that seems good in theory but it totally fails at providing real fat loss and muscle building results!

Pete Jenkins said...

I have used the P90X DVDs for over 6 months now and I'm so happy with the product that I've bought copies for 3 family members and 2 friends, all of whom needed to lose some weight and improve their fitness. If you want a workout that WORKS then I can't recommend P90X enough. Give it a try and you will see for yourself that it's not just marketing hype...