The other day I had a good friend ask me this question: "Can you lose 10 pounds in 3 weeks?" She wanted to know if it is possible to lose 10 lbs in such a short amount of time. I told her it depends: does she want to lose 10 pounds of fat or just 10 pounds in general? It would be extremely difficult to lose that much body fat in only 3 weeks. Not impossible... just very challenging.
On the other hand, it's not too hard to lose ten pounds in only 21 days if you follow certain diet and exercise rules. I gave me friend the following tips for losing 10 lbs in three weeks...
1. Get very focused on your specific goal. Write it down and think about it constantly.
2. Start eating a diet based around healthy, unprocessed "paleo" foods: meats, nuts/seeds, veggies, fruits, etc.
3. Limit your intake of sugars and starchy carbs. During these 3 weeks, the fewer sugars and starches you eat the faster you'll lose the weight.
4. Start drinking at least 70 ounces of water per day. You'll have more energy and less hunger.
5. Do short, intense workouts every other day. Combine both cardio and weight lifting for best results.
6. Take good supplements. A quality whey protein powder, a good multivitamin/multimineral forumla, and a decent omega 3 fish oil or krill oil supplement can make it much easier to lose fat, pounds, and inches super fast.
So that's pretty much it. Yes, you can lose 10 pounds in 3 weeks. It is certainly possible if you know what you're doing. Just incorporate the steps above and you'll be able to burn fat and lose up to 10 lbs in a quick, safe, and healthy way.