1. Do 1-Day Fasts -- Approximately every 10 days do a 24 hour fast where you consume nothing but water, unsweetened teas, raw vegetable and fruit juices, and/or small amounts of whole raw veggies, fruits, nuts, and seeds.
2. Cut the Processed Carbs -- Cut all processed carbohydrates from your diet for the time being. Definitely no sugars or refined grains. After you've lost those first 10 pounds you can begin to rotate healthy processed starches (like whole grain breads) in and out of your diet.
3. Focus on Quality Calories -- Base your meals around quality protein foods, vegetables, beans/legumes, nuts/seeds, healthy oils, and small amounts of fruit.
4. Eat Often -- Eat 5-6 small protein-focused meals per day. This limits your appetite, ramps up the metabolism, and makes it easier to lose 10 lbs fast.
5. Time Your Starches -- Eat natural low glycemic-index starches (like potatoes and oatmeal) only after intense strength training workouts. That way your body can use the calories more efficiently and you'll actually benefit from the spike in insulin production (for muscle gain).
6. Drink Only Water and Tea -- Avoid all drinks with sugars and calories. Drink large amounts of water and unsweetened teas to limit hunger and boost energy.
7. Have a Cheat Meal -- About every 7-10 days have a large "cheat" meal where you eat anything you want. Besides being a reward for strict dieting, these high-calorie meals can help to confuse your body and stimulate your metabolism.
So there you go: 7 expert diet tips for losing 10 pounds. Almost all knowledgeable fitness experts, weight loss gurus, and diet specialists use and recommend these strategies to people who want to burn fat and drop weight quickly. Why? Because the just work!
15 of the Best Expert Diet Tips