"I need to lose 10 pounds in 5 days! I have to go to a pool party this Saturday and I don't want to be the only woman with a belly fat roll! Is it possible to do this? Can I just stop eating or is there a good diet to lose that much weight fast? Should I workout and how do I do it? What's the best way to get rid of these pounds in just five days??"
And here's our response:
Yes, it is possible to lose 10 pounds in just 5 days. But it's not easy and it's not recommended. First of all, much of the weight will be from lost "water weight", not body fat loss. Also, there are always health risks when trying to lose that much weight that fast. But it's pretty obvious that you're desperate to shed pounds so here's a simple plan you could follow. It'll get you closer to your goal than just about anything:
1. Cover the Basics -- Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night and drink a gallon of water per day. This will maximize your metabolism and energy levels so that your body is ready to shed extra weight.
2. Eat a VERY Clean Diet -- The best diet for losing pounds fast is one that's based around lean meats/proteins, non-starchy "good" carbs (mainly vegetables, beans, legumes, and raw fruit), and small amounts of healthy fats (e.g. extra-virgin olive oil, nuts, seeds, natural peanut butter, avocado, and unrefined coconut oil). Avoid ALL sugars, starches (even whole grains), and bad fats (especially fried foods and trans-fats!).
3. Eat 5 Times a Day -- Eat a small protein-based meal or snack about every 2-3 hours to boost your metabolism, stabilize your energy levels, and help you avoid hunger and food cravings.
4. Do Interval-Based Workouts -- Do a higher-intensity interval-based workout 3 or 4 days out of the five. Combine bodyweight strength training (e.g. push-ups, squats, lunges, push-ups, inverted rows, hanging leg raises, etc.) with short HIIT sessions. Keep the workouts brief (40 minutes maximum) and focus on quality/intensity of the exercise over quantity/length.
5. Take Whey and a Multivitamin -- Every day drink at least one large whey protein shake and also take a good multivitamin to support lean muscle preservation, a fast metabolism, and to help protect your overall health during this intense weight loss routine.
So there you have it: the best and probably the safest "natural" way to lose 10 pounds in 5 days (and several inches from your belly as well!). As stated above, that's quite a lot of weight to lose in so short of a time but if you're going to try you may as well use the simple and proven method outlined above. It workouts incredibly well if you follow it closely. Good luck and please let us know about the results you get from this plan. Thanks!