"Hi. I'm a 32 year old woman and I've been battling with my flabby belly for several years. My stomach looks like a man's beer belly and I want to get rid of it ASAP! Please tell me the quickest diet for losing belly fat. Thank you!" -- Janet from Las Vegas, NV
We get a lot of similar questions every month. Obviously stubborn belly fat is a big problem for many people. The good news is that it's not difficult to burn off abdominal fat very rapidly with the right diet and exercise program. Here are a few tips for losing stomach fat in the fastest way possible...
1. Eliminate all processed foods -- For the time being cut ALL processed foods from your diet. This is one of the simplest, easiest, and quickest ways to get your body into it's natural "weight loss" mode metabolically and hormonally. Also avoid beverages with artificial sweeteners if you can.
2. Cut down on sugar -- Eat as little sugar as possible. This is really important to cut down on total calorie intake and to keep blood sugar/insulin levels stable while minimizing hunger and food cravings.
3. Eat lots of raw foods -- Try to get at least a third of your calories from raw foods like vegetables, nuts, seeds, and low-sugar fruits. They will fill you up and make you feel good while helping you lose belly fat as fast as possible. Choose organic versions whenever possible.
4. Eat plenty of quality protein and good fats -- All your meals and snacks should be based around a quality protein source and many of them should contain some healthy fats (like virgin olive oil, natural peanut butter, avocado, coconut oil, etc.). Protein and good fats fight hunger and help to stabilize blood sugar and energy levels.
5. Avoid all trans fats and other highly refined fats/oils -- Refined fats are just plain bad for you. They zap energy and make you fat.
6. Drink LOTS of water -- Water is a natural appetite suppressor and energy booster. Try to drink at least a gallon a day for the fastest fat burning results!
7. Eat lots of protein-based snacks and protein shakes -- Try to eat a small amount of protein every 2-3 hours during the day, either by itself or with a bit of healthy fats and/or good carbs. You'll feel less hungry and lose your belly fat much faster!
So there you have it: the fastest diet for losing belly fat. Obviously you need to do some effective exercise as well for the quickest possible results but, since diet is 80% of the battle, these tips will get you on your way to a leaner stomach!
Have a question or comment about the fastest belly fat diet? Leave it below...